This article describes how to configure the DVB adapter in the Astra web interface.
Open the Astra web interface. In the upper right corner - find the item "New Adapter".
Click it to open a new window, in which you will be asked to add an adapter.
A description of the fields:
- NAME - the name of the adapter - for example "EUTELSAT W4 36E".
- ID - unique adapter number. You may leave it blank, the system will generate an id, when you save the adapter.
- Adapter - adapter selection menu from the list:
TYPE - adapter type, possible values:
- FREQUENCY - carrier frequency (950-13250 MHz)
- POLARIZATION - polarization (Vertical, Horizontal, Right, Left)
- SYMBOLRATE - symbol rate (1000-50000 Kbaud)
DVB-T, DVB-T2, ATSC, ISDB-T
- FREQUENCY - carrier frequency (0-1000 MHz)
DVB-C, DVB-C (Annex A), DVB-C (Annex B), DVB-C (Annex C), DVB-ASI
- FREQUENCY - carrier frequency (80-1000 MHz)
- SYMBOLRATE - symbol rate (1000-10000 Kbaud)
To configure DVB-S2 adapter: input the frequency, polarization and symbol rate. For example, for 36E-is 12091,90:R:27500
and go to the tab
LNB parameters (heterodyne frequency)
Default: LOF1 - 9750 MHz, LOF2 - 10600 MHz, SLOF - 11700 MHz\
For circular polarized converters (e.g. 36°E, 56°E), it is necessary to set the value 10750 MHz in all fields.
- LOF1 - Low sub-band, MHz
- LOF2 - High sub-band, MHz
- SLOF - Sub-band range, MHz
- LNB Sharing - Disable LNB voltage supply and tone signal. Allows you to connect several DVB-adapters to one converter through a passive divider. On the divider, one adapter must be active, the other DVB adapters must be passive. All adapters on one divider must work in one polarization and in one subband (frequency is greater or less than the value of slof).\
Force Tone - send 22 KHz tone signal.
Voltage 13/18 Volts are not only the supply voltage but also the switching signals of polarization. 18 V is the horizontal (left) switching signal in the range of 11-14 Volts, and 13 V is the vertical (right) switching signal in the range of 16-20 Volts.\
The 22 kHz signal is a sub-band switching signal. When 22 kHz is on, the high band is taken and in the absence of this signal, the low band is taken respectively. In case of universal converter this option is not active, the selection is made automatically depending on the selected frequency.
In our case - for 36E we need to set the value 10750 in all fields.
and go to the tab
Digital Satellite Equipment Control
- Default: DiSEqC 1.0 - default, not used, possible values: 1, 2, 3, 4
- DiSEqC 1.1 - possible value: 1 - 16
- Tone Burst - possible value: A, B
- DiSEqC Command - send command for DiSEqC
In our case - DiSEqC is not used and we will go to the next tab:
Protocol that allows multiple tuners to be connected to the same cable
UNICABLE SLOT - Default: unicable disabled possible value: 1 - 9
SLOT POSITION - possible value: A, B
SLOT FREQUENCY - possible value: 950 - 2150 MHz
In our case - Unicable is not used and we will go to the next tab:
Default now for DVB-S - QPSK, DVB-S2 - PSK8
FEC - forward error correction
Default: Auto (by default)
ROLL-OFF - spectrum efficiency. used for DVB-S2 only, possible value: Default: 35, 25, 20, AUTO
- STREAM ID - PLP stream ID, only for DVB-S2 and DVB-T2:
- PLS MODE - possible value: Root, Gold, Combo
- PLS CODE - possible value: 0 - 262143
- STREAM ID - possible value: 0 - 255
TIMEOUT - delay in seconds to DVR error checking, default 2 seconds
DDCI - bind the adapter to DVB-CI Digital Devices. The value corresponds to the adapter number on the system
Budget Mode. Disable hardware PID filtering - disable hardware filtering of the data. Astra will get all the stream from the DVB adapter. The parameter is used to transmit the entire transponder or for legacy DVB adapters without hardware filtering (e.g. SkyStar 2). By default, hardware filtering is enabled
Signal in dBm - output signal level in dBm. For adapters TBS, the driver parameter must be set to esno=1 in the file /etc/modprobe.d/tbsfe.conf. DVB adapters with demodulator CXD2820R transmit the value of the signal level in dBm by default
Scale DD MaxS8 SNR - correction of signal level display for DD MaxS8 adapters
CA DELAY - delay, in seconds, before sending channel information to the conditional access module
In our case - none of the parameters we need - and we click on the button at the bottom " SCAN"
If everything is set up correctly-we will have the signal level and in a few seconds-a list of available channels.
Setting the "checkbox" next to the desired channels at the bottom press the button "APPLY"