Authorization allows you to control access to channels and allows you to save viewing statistics.
Go to Settings -> HTTP Authentication and check the check box Enable built-in HTTP/HLS authentication
Click the "Apply & Restart" button. After that users (in the settings -> Users section) will have additional authorization options and integration with external services will appear.
Users and tokens:
This type of authorization will allow you to use tokens, access by ip, login/password, limiting connections and the ability to set the date on which the user is active.
Go to Settings -> Users, and in the upper right corner click on the
NEW USER button. The add user window opens.
Description of fields:
- LOGIN - username (example "testuser").
- PASSWORD - password (example "87326848").
- COMMENT - comment (example "test user").
- TYPE - user type:
- User - cannot access the web interface. The account is used only for authorization (for example in VLC).
- Observer - adds access rights to the web interface with read-only rights.
- Administrator - full access rights.
- TOKEN - token (example "8732684ydbeb8").
- IP - IP address of the user.
- STB - option reserved for middleware.
- EXPIRATION - to set the amount of time an account will be active.
- LIMIT CONNECTIONS - limiting connections to client devices.
- PACKAGES - channel packages.
examples of client authorization for HTTP Play:
http://server address:8000/playlist.m3u8?auth=testuser:87326848- HTTP Play with login and password
http://server address:8000/playlist.m3u8?token=112277668833743- HTTP Play with token
External authorizations: (backend):
In the field, enter the address of the Stalker Portal (for example "http://testdomain.com/stalker_portal")
This option enables "Temporary URL" support for working with theMinistra/Stalker portal
In the settings of the Ministra/Stalker portal enable the option "Temporary URL - Flussonic support"
Allow access without authorization
It is possible to add IP addresses / networks whose users will have access to streams without authorization.
Black list. It is possible to add IP addresses / networks whose users will not have access to streams, even if they have a login / password or a token.