Authorization allows you to control access to channels and allows you to save viewing statistics.
Go to Settings -> HTTP Authentication and check the check box Enable built-in HTTP/HLS authentication
After that - click the "Apply & Restart" button after this action - users (in the Settings -> Users section) will have additional authorization types.
This type of authorization will allow you to use tokens, access by ip, login/password, limiting connections and the ability to set the date on which the user is active.
Go to Settings -> Users, and in the upper right corner click on the NEW USER button. The add user window will open.
Description of fields:
- LOGIN - Username. (example "testuser")
- PASSWORD - password (example "87326848")
- COMMENT - comment (example "test user")
- TYPE - user type:
- user - cannot access the web interface. The account is used only for authorization (for example in VLC)
- observer - adds access rights to the web interface with read-only rights
- administrator - full access rights.
- TOKEN - token (example "8732684ydbeb8")
- IP - IP address of the user.
- STB - option reserved for middleware
- EXPIRATION - It is possible to set the time for which the account will be active.
- LIMIT CONNECTIONS - limiting connections to client devices.
- PACKAGES - channel packages.
client authorization examples:
- http://server address:8000/playlist.m3u8?auth=testuser:87326848 - HTTP Play with login and password
- http://server address:8000/playlist.m3u8?token=112277668833743 - HTTP Play with token
In the field, enter the address of the Stalker Portal (for example "http://testdomain.com/stalker_portal") This option enables "Temporary URL" support for working with theMinistra/Stalker portal In the settings of the Ministra/Stalker portal enable the option "Temporary URL - Flussonic support"
ALLOW ACCESS WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION
It is possible to add IP addresses / networks whose users will have access to streams without authorization.
Black list. It is possible to add IP addresses / networks whose users will not have access to streams, even if they have a login / password or a token.